Error when building from git

Guillaume guillaume at mitotic-machine.org
Fri Feb 10 04:55:57 EST 2012

Hey list,

First thanks for the great work. I am planning to use skimage for some
fluorescence microscopy analysis.

Today I installed from the git repository and an error occurred when
compiling:

 File "/home/guillaume/Python/lib/scikits-image/skimage/util/
dtype.py", line 20, in <module>
 in <module>
    np.float16, np.float32, np.float64)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'float16'

taking out 'float16' in the _supported_types tuple solves the issue
(at least it compiles), but I don't know whether it  could have
consequences later on.

_supported_types = (np.uint8, np.uint16, np.uint32,
                    np.int8, np.int16, np.int32,
                    #np.float16, ### Commented this out...
                    np.float32, np.float64)

I am running Python  2.7.2+ with numpy 1.5.1 (that is what you get
with apt-get install python-numpy)

Thanks...