0.5 release soon?

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:58:46 EST 2012

2012/2/10 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Tony Yu <tsyu80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There has been a surprising amount of new features, fixes, and doc
> > improvements since 0.4, so I'm wondering if it's time for a new release.
>
> You're right, it's about time!
>
> > Are there any major todos before that?
>
> - Finish the Debian packaging.  Really, this is so close, we should just
> do it:
>
>  1. Edit the skivi.1 man-page template (anyone with Troff skills here?)
>  2. Update the copyright file.
>  3. Ping Yaroslav to check and upload.
>
> If possible, we should get permission from everyone with per-file
> copyright messages and move their names to the CONTRIBUTORS.txt file,
> so that we have a single license covering all our code.
>
> > * Maybe doc additions if they're close.
>
> I've got some unpushed user guide changes that I'll be done with soon.
>
> > * Of the current pull requests, only SSIM and template-matching are
> close,
> > but I don't think I'll have much time to sort out the issues with
> > template-matching for awhile.
>
> For now, I'm pretty much done with SSIM, so if you think it looks OK
> please merge.

Actually, I haven't really look over SSIM; I was just basing its readiness
on Nicolas's comments. ;) I'll read through the code this weekend.

> > * I was really excited about the image stitching example using HoGs,
> > suggested by Nelle. If it's not close, though, no pressure.
>
> Since Nelle's indicated that she's very busy at the moment, we can
> push that back to 0.6 (and yes, it would make a great feature!).
>
> The end of February gets crazy for me time-wise, so shall we aim for
> the 19th of February?  That gives us two more weekends.
>
> Stéfan

The 19th sounds like a good target. I guess I forgot about the FreeImage
issues, but it sounds like Zach is working pretty hard to make the build as
care-free as possible.

-Tony