random walker segmentation / blob detection

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sun Feb 12 19:21:55 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM, Emmanuelle Gouillart
<emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org> wrote:
> I have to say that I don't know ICM segmentation. It looks very
> interesting (your code is impressively short!), would you have any
> reference to suggest for me to read about this algorithm?

It is called Iterated Conditional Modes, but I have to admit that my
implementation is based on a tea-time conversation, and not on any
specific paper.  The reference I have is:

On the Statistical Analysis of Dirty Pictures
Julian Besag
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. Series B (Methodological)
Vol. 48, No. 3 (1986), pp. 259-302

Regards