Imshow and Linescan - first version

Guillaume Gay guillaume at mitotic-machine.org
Thu Feb 23 06:22:24 EST 2012

Hi all,

Here is a first version of the linescan implementation. It sort of
works, but I have some issues:

-the major one is that when I instantiate the LineScanInteractor within
the imshow() function definition, I don't catch the events any more. So
this is not usable in an interactive session.

-I can't get the ticks on the linescan plot to update properly...

-also there should be some kind of a reset mechanism, because if the
image is zoomed in, you can lost the handles of the line

So if any one have a hint on how to do this...

Meanwhile I can try to have this work in conjunction tifffile's imshow
(which should not be so complicated).

With all that maybe it would be better to implement a subclass of
FigureCanvas, so that linescan appears only when a button (at the bottom
of the window) is pressed, and it is easy to add e.g. a histogram plot
or a contrast setter... what do you think?

Bye

Guillaume