io.plugins freeimage installation issue?

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Thu Jan 26 13:51:33 EST 2012

> You are running a 64 bit version of Python. Please verify that the FreeImage.dll is also 64 bit. You may want to try scikits-image-0.4.2.win-amd64-py2.7.exe from <http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#scikits-image>, which includes a 64 bit FreeImage.dll.

Good call, Christoph. I've verified that the FreeImage DLL available for download from the FreeImage site is 32-bit only. (Can one make "fat" 32/64-bit DLLs on Windows?)

Siggi, probably the best option is to follow Christoph's advice and grab his packages. That's probably the easiest way to get you and your users to have a working scikits-image install.

Zach