io.imsave() problems with passing arguments to plugin "freeimage"

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Mon Jul 9 10:19:06 EDT 2012

Hmm, there's clearly something going wrong with int types. (There are also some failing / segfaulting tests on SPARC with int types too... I wonder if these are related?)

> It is working if I chose numpy.float32 as dtype!
>
> uint32 doesn't work either. Leads to KeyError: (<type 'numpy.int64'>, 1)

Could you provide a bit of self-contained test code (starting with creating a new numpy array with known dtype and then trying to save it) that re-creates the above error? And the full backtrace? I'm not sure how saving a uint32 array is causing a KeyError with int64 -- something odd seems to be happening there, maybe.

Zach