Euroscipy 2012: early bird registration ending soon

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Tue Jul 10 04:16:28 EDT 2012

Hello,

early bird registration for Euroscipy 2012 is soon coming to an end, with
the deadline on July 22nd. Don't forget to register soon! Reduced fees
are available for academics, students and speakers. Registration takes
place online on http://www.euroscipy.org/conference/euroscipy2012.
Euroscipy 2012 is the annual European conference for scientists using the
Python language. It will be held August 23-27 2012 in Brussels,
Belgium.

Our program has been online for a few weeks now: we're very excited to
have a great selection of tutorials, as well as talks and poster
presentations. During the two days of tutorials (August 23 and 24), it
will possible to attend either the introduction track, or the advanced
track, or to combine both tracks (see
http://www.euroscipy.org/track/6538?tab=tracktalkslist and
http://www.euroscipy.org/track/6539?tab=tracktalkslist). As for the
highlights of the two days of conference (August 25 and 26), we are very
happy to have David Beazley (http://www.dabeaz.com) and Eric Jones
(http://www.enthought.com/company/support-team.php) as our keynote
speakers. The list of talks is available on
http://www.euroscipy.org/track/6540?tab=tracktalkslist, with subjects
ranging from extension programming to machine learning, or cellular
biology. We're looking forward to exciting discussions during the talk
sessions or around the posters, as happened during the previous editions
of Euroscipy! Sprints may be organized at the conference venue during
the days following the conference, from Monday 27th on. Since there is a
limited number of rooms booked for the sprints, please contact the
organizers by July 22 if you intend to organize one. Two sprints are
already planned by the scikit-learn and the scikits-image teams.

The EuroSciPy 2012 conference will feature a best talk, a best poster and
a jury award. All conference participants will be given the opportunity
to cast a vote for the best talk and best poster awards while the jury
award is selected by the members of the program committee. Each
prize consists of a Commercial Use license for Wing IDE Professional,
an integrated development environment designed specifically for Python
programmers. The licenses are generously donated by Wingware.

Financial support may be granted by Numfocus to a small number of
eligible students. See
http://www.euroscipy.org/card/euroscipy2012_support_numfocus for more
details on how to apply.

For information that cannot be found on the conference website, please
contact the organizing team at org-team at lists.euroscipy.org

Cheers,
Emmanuelle, for the organizing team