gstreamer

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 14:37:00 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Otto Fajardo <otto.fajardob at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't remember very well, but I think that one disadvantage of pyglet
> could be that it does not allow to seek precisely to a frame number, but it
> does seeking with time or something like this, that happens to be not very
> precise. For my application I need to retrieve a frame in the sequence with
> precision ...
>
> By the way, there is also ffms, based in ffmpegsource, and also does the
> job. This for python 2.7, for 2.6 there is pyffmpeg.
>

> 2012/7/12 Brian Holt <bdholt1 at gmail.com>
>
>> I've been using Pyglet to do the same job... Here is a gist:
>> gist.github.com/3097115
>>
>> If its useful, I could put in a PR.
>>
>> Brian

I think it would be great to have enhanced support for videos.

Otto: I would definitely like to see ffmpeg support. Do you have any
comments about the two wrappers in addition to version support?

Brian: I think a Pyglet plugin would be useful even if it has the problems
that Otto mentions. These video backends tend to be pretty difficult to
install on certain systems, so anything to lower the barrier for entry
would be good.

-Tony