SciPy2012 Sprint

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:47:00 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Emmanuelle Gouillart <
emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org> wrote:

> Hi Stéfan,
>
> on which day will the sprint take place?
>
> I could work (from Paris) on some improvements of random walker
> segmentation (I have a PR almost ready), as well as on incorporating the
> morphological reconstruction of cellprofiler.
>
> Cheers,
> Emmanuelle
>

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 01:57:11PM -0700, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
>
> > We will have a scikits-image sprint at SciPy2012 next week in Austin.
> > Since the sprint page has just gone up:
>
> > http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2012/sprints/index.php
>
> > Let's discuss some additions that we can work on... Suggestions?
>
> > Stéfan

Emmanuelle: I have an *old* PR for morphological reconstruction (based on
cellprofiler) if you want it. This is from before the scikits-image ->
skimage rename, so it might not be that useful.

As for ideas (some of these might not be feasible):

* Updating the PR to add backends for different toolkits (OpenCL, OpenCV,
etc)
PR: https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/14
discussion:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/scikits-image/DapafiVCJoU

* Integrate video support into plugin framework (related: I think Stefan
mentioned cleaning up the plugin framework as we were closing some bugs for
the 0.6 release).

* Additions to the User Guide (ideas for topics?)

* Finally, I'd really like to see some tutorial-style examples, similar to
the segmentation example:
http://scikits-image.org/docs/dev/auto_examples/applications/plot_coins_segmentation.html

Cheers!
-Tony