Relation with computer vision and machine learning

LI Wei liwei at ee.cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Jul 26 23:38:35 EDT 2012

Hi Andy:

Thanks for your comments. Seems I am not quite clear about the scope of
skimage and scikits-learn currently. I will get myself more familiar with
both packages to find anything currently in skimage requires the overlap
with scikits-learn's methods.

For MRF, I think your comments are correct. It is just related to some
specific forms(if not one) of MRFs and to solve it is the main problem.
Maybe a complete functioning MRF package is not quite necessary and not
suitable/efficient enough to do the image tasks.

Could I ask why rbm will not be in both packages? I see you release a RBM
on your blog, and why not make it into scikits-learn. Seems it is a
big-package itself and some python libarary like theano has been relaesed,
maybe this is the concern?

Best,
Wei