Progress towards 0.6

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 23:10:30 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
> Here's a Huboard overview of scikits-image:
>
> http://huboard.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/board#
>
> Have a look at the 0.6 milestone--these are things we need to finish
> up before releasing (shall we aim for Sunday?).
>
> Stéfan

That sounds good to me.

Of the pending PRs, I'd say we should aim to merge the following:

* PR #195 to fix a test error (Can you confirm this error? I can't see why
I'd be the only one to see this error.)
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/195

* PR #194 to fix PyFITS
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/194

* PR #193 to make conversion between signed -> unsigned ints symmetric in
dtype.convert
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/193

The rest are enhancements (which would be nice to have but aren't show
stoppers). Of those remaining PRs, I'd say that the following are really
close

* PR #145, which adds `resample`
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/145

* PR #119, which adds SSIM
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/119

I'm traveling to a conference this weekend, but I should be able to help
out a bit with any last minute work, if necessary.

-Tony