Normalised cross correlation

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:54:22 EST 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Malcolm Reynolds <
malcolm.reynolds at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just stumbled across skimage as I'm going through to arduous process
> of trying to switch my workflow (PhD study of computer vision & machine
> learning) from matlab to python. The project looks great but I'm currently
> in need of a fast Normalised Cross Correlation function. As it is, I can't
> find any python implementation which is anywhere near the speed of Matlab's
> normxcorr2 (correct me if I'm wrong...) and it looks like a corresponding
> function to match the normxcorr2 behaviour is planned but not yet
> implemented for skimage. Is this correct? I'd be interested in looking into
> this and contributing some code to the project, but before I put a heap of
> time into it I just wanted to check that something didn't already exist in
> this or another numpy-based project.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

I currently have a PR for a normalized cross-correlation
function<https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/100>(which
was originally implemented by Pieter Holtzhausen).
Comments/suggestions would definitely be appreciated.

-Tony