scikits-image or scikit-image?

Andreas Mueller amueller at ais.uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 1 05:06:31 EDT 2012

Hey Mathieu.
I agree that it is a bit awkward at the moment.
I remember that when we wanted to get the sklearn freenode channel,
people asked "so is this an organization? and why are they called
differently?".
As scikits-image already went through a rename, I'm not sure we should
do it again.
I remember there was some discussion back then and I think the outcome
was "well sklearn decided for scikit and skimage for scikits, that's
unfortunate but so be it".

Btw sorry for the "scikits-image core developer" on the bio. I think
that is a bit exaggerated given what others did in the last release.
I wrote that after Stephan gave me commit rights and I was psyched ;)

Cheers,
Andy