scikits-image or scikit-image?

Mathieu Blondel mathieu at mblondel.org
Mon Oct 1 05:35:24 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Andreas Mueller <amueller at ais.uni-bonn.de>wrote:

> Hey Mathieu.
> I agree that it is a bit awkward at the moment.
> I remember that when we wanted to get the sklearn freenode channel, people
> asked "so is this an organization? and why are they called differently?".
> As scikits-image already went through a rename, I'm not sure we should do
> it again.

I didn't know that the project already went through a rename... I would
completely understand if people don't want to do it again.

That said, the current situation is indeed unfortunate. The people at
statsmodels don't have this problem since they dropped the scikit prefix,
apparently :)

Cheers,
Mathieu