scikits-image or scikit-image?

Mathieu Blondel mathieu at mblondel.org
Wed Oct 3 02:05:49 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>wrote:

> And do we rename the repos again as well, or just the branding?  That
> was a major pain last time.

Not that my opinion counts but I think it's better to do it properly,
hopefully this will be the last time. Also, github organizations and repos
can be renamed so the "watchers" will not be lost.

Regarding domain names, once the rebranding is done, it would be nice to
use scikit-image.org as main domain and other domains as redirect.

To celebrate this renaming, I was thinking scikit-learn and scikit-image
could link to each other, a bit like "sister projects".

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm very happy that the two projects will
now have consistent names!

Cheers,
Mathieu