v0.8 release

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 22:20:28 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>wrote:

> Hello, everyone
>
> With all the renaming of the past week, it would be good if we could
> make a new release.  Are there any outstanding PRs we should consider
> including?
>
> I may also push 0.7.1 as a bug-fix release for building on OSX.
>
> Stéfan
>
> --

Yeah, the renaming definitely wreaked havoc on the 0.7.0 release. Let's try
to avoid another rename ;)

There are definitely a few good PRs waiting to be reviewed, but I'm
inclined to wait until they've had some thorough vetting. (We could really
use some help with review, if anyone out there has some free
time---especially on some of the longer PRs.)

That said, I'm inclined to merge PR
#351<https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/pull/351>and PR
#360 <https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/pull/360>.

Are you planning to release both 0.7.1 *and* 0.8? Is there any reason why
we shouldn't just point users to 0.8?

-Tony