Preparing for scikits-image release 0.7

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:12:35 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:15 AM, KuantKid <kuantkid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Issue 263: Fixed in pull request #307<https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/307>
>

> On Saturday, September 8, 2012 11:37:33 PM UTC+8, Tony S Yu wrote:
>>
>> There have been a ton of new features added to scikits-image since
>> version 0.6 was released at the end of June. So, now is a good time to
>> prepare for a 0.7 release.
>>
>> To that end, it would be great to have fixes for a couple of pending
>> issues. My list would include:
>>
>> - Issue 217 <https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/issues/217>:
>> Add check for dependency versions.
>> - Issue 232 <https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/issues/232>:
>> measure.find_contours fails if ndarray is not C-contiguous
>> - Issue 263 <https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/issues/263>:
>> IPython inline display does not work for binary images
>> - Issue 271 <https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/issues/271>:
>> Test failure with nose 1.1.2
>>
>> Are there any other fixes (or *small* enhancements) that people are
>> itching to get into 0.7?
>>
>> Let's aim to get fixes in by next weekend (Sept 16th) and release the
>> following weekend (Sept 23rd).
>>
>> Cheers!
>> -Tony

Great! It looks like all these issues are fixed. (Thanks to Johannes and
KuantKid!)

Johannes is already hard at work adding PRs for new features (PR
321<https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/321>,
PR 319 <https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/319>) and there
are a couple of lingering PRs that deserve some attention after the the
release (PR 293 <https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/293>, PR
242 <https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/242>, PR
235<https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/235>).
So, it's probably best to push this release out the door soon.

Unfortunately, I'll be traveling for the next week, but I don't know
release procedure anyway, so that may not matter. Stefan: do you have time
to cut a release?

 Actually, while we're on the topic, I don't really understand the
requirements for Debian packaging: Why is there a separate debian branch?
Couldn't the debian directory simply be put on master? I imagine there's a
good reason, I just couldn't find it after a quick search.

Best,
-Tony