ANN: scikits-image 0.7.0 release

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:21:26 EDT 2012

Announcement: scikits-image 0.7.0
=================================

We're happy to announce the 7th version of scikits-image!

Scikits-image is an image processing toolbox for SciPy that includes
algorithms
for segmentation, geometric transformations, color space manipulation,
analysis, filtering, morphology, feature detection, and more.

For more information, examples, and documentation, please visit our website

  http://skimage.org

New Features
------------

It's been only 3 months since scikits-image 0.6 was released, but in that
short
time, we've managed to add plenty of new features and enhancements,
including

- Geometric image transforms
- 3 new image segmentation routines (Felsenzwalb, Quickshift, SLIC)
- Local binary patterns for texture characterization
- Morphological reconstruction
- Polygon approximation
- CIE Lab color space conversion
- Image pyramids
- Multispectral support in random walker segmentation
- Slicing, concatenation, and natural sorting of image collections
- Perimeter and coordinates measurements in regionprops
- An extensible image viewer based on Qt and Matplotlib, with plugins for
edge
  detection, line-profiling, and viewing image collections

Plus, this release adds a number of bug fixes, new examples, and performance
enhancements.

Contributors to this release
----------------------------

This release was only possible due to the efforts of many contributors, both
new and old.

- Andreas Mueller
- Andreas Wuerl
- Andy Wilson