GSOC 2013 Proposal

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Apr 9 07:31:15 EDT 2013

Hi Siddharth

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM, siddharth kherada
<siddharthkherada27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently pursuing MS by Research in the field of image processing at
> IIIT- Hyderabad, India. I am interested in working for Scikit-image this
> summer in a GSoC project.

Thanks for getting in touch.  Both these algorithms are cute, and
we'll consider PRs for them if they come in, but I don't think they
are major underlying parts of the library we'd want to spend a GSoC
on.  If you are interested in this sort of thing, image deconvolution
may be more relevant.  For GSoC, we'd like to implement algorithms
that will be useful across a wide array of disciplines, if possible.

Also, we require that students who would like to participate in GSoC
first make other contributions to the project, so be sure to look at
the list of tickets and try to fix some of them, at a minimum.

Regards