Histogram backprojection

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 20:35:19 EDT 2013

The message Unable to find vcvarsall.bat means it's looking for the Visual
C++ compiler and can't find it installed.  If you want to develop on
Windows, I believe this compiler is freely available in Visual Studio 2008.

Some all-in-one distributions use workarounds for different compilers on
Windows, commonly mingw32 (Python(x,y) uses this option), or pre-compiled
binaries (the most used set I'm aware of is provided by Christopher Gohlke:
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/) though you obviously can't
easily develop using a precompiled binary.

Personally, I think you'll be happier all around if you develop on a *NIX
like Fedora, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, or Scientific Linux.