Mean of Least Variance filter

Chintak Sheth chintaksheth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 08:34:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

So I was reading a paper on implementation of MLV filters which belongs to
a broder class of value-and-criterion filters. I read this paper "A
morphology-based filter structure for edge-enhancing
smoothing<http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=413627>
"

It elaborates on the advantages over the median filter or morphological
opening. It essentially exhibits edge-enhancing noise smoothing behaviour.
Best of all it can be extended to 3D easily. I think it would be a good
addition to the already present filter implementations on skimage.

What do you guys think about this ?

Chintak