Making algorithms at least 3D, preferably nD

Ankit Agrawal aaaagrawal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 02:28:00 EDT 2013

Hi all,

     I guess I need some clarification what nD images exactly mean. For 3D,
these are the following ways I can think of it --
1. RGB image (n x m x 3) : Total m*n pixels
2. Series of grey-scale images (m x n x p): Total p images each with m*n
pixels
3. A grey-scale(m x n x 2) or an RGB image(m x n x 4) with depth value at
each pixel like a Pointcloud(http://pointclouds.org/)?

Can you please elaborate which of the above(or something different) is
meant as nD in this discussion?

@Marianne
Can you point out to the category that you meant with your images of the
dimensions (512, 1536, 21)?

Regards,
Ankit Agrawal,
Communication and Signal Processing,