Making algorithms at least 3D, preferably nD

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 21:47:18 EDT 2013

Volumetric 3D is rare to some, I'm sure ;) but there's a large audience
available for medical image processing that needs 3D. Nearly everything I
do involves 3D volumetric arrays. Confocal microscopy can generate true 3D
multispectral data in the biological sciences.

The field of neurology may be poised to have a huge need for true 3D
(multispectral) processing in the near future as well! If you haven't seen
this development out of Stanford, it's worth checking
out: http://med.stanford.edu/ism/2013/april/clarity.html

So, wherever possible, I'll be looking to add 3D implementations. I feel
this is a "build it and they will come" sort of situation.