Contribution: circles and hough transform

François francois.boulogne at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:03:59 EST 2013

Hi,

I have written the hough transform for circles in python and  have a good
basis for peak detection.

I have few questions:
1/ in skimage/transform/hough_transform.py
Cython version of hough() is imported like this (below the python version)
 59 # try to import and use the faster Cython version if it exists
 60 try:
 61     from ._hough_transform import _hough
 62 except ImportError:
 63     pass

Should I do the same for hough_circle()? or just implement the cython
version?
I don't see why cython would not be available...

2/ For disambiguation, I suggest to rename hough to hough_line(). The same
for peak detection.
Any comment on that?

Cheers,
François.