Image registration

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Feb 13 10:33:15 EST 2013

Hi Jeff

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM, jeff witz <witzjean at gmail.com> wrote:
> If someone is interested, I can share the code. For now it is
> absolutely not ready to be include as a part of library it is just a
> simple example that shows how to register to picture using a given
> description of the deformation field with the SSD metric.

Yes, we're definitely interested!  I've also CC'd Nathan Faggian,
author of pyimreg, who is interested in reworking his code to be
included.  Perhaps you can get in touch.

I've also got a lot of code for registration in
http://github.com/stefanv/supreme (feature based, dense with SSD or
mutual information), but also not quite ready for the limelight.

It'd be great if we could pull all of these sources together and
provide a compelling solution.  Registration is such a common problem,
but while it is considered "solved", I think practically it really
isn't.

Regards