Contribution: grow-cut

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:09:53 EST 2013

Hi Nathan,

I just submitted a PR to your `growcut` repository which includes a Cython
version of the non-vectorized `automate` function and a benchmark based on
the flower example.  On my laptop, it runs slightly faster than the
vectorized Numpy implementation.  It's as optimized as I can get it, though
there is probably still some room for improvement.

In my opinion, this would definitely be attractive to have in scikit-image,
and I also like your interactive GUI example.

Regards,
Josh