Contribution: circles and hough transform

François francois.boulogne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:01:13 EST 2013

Hi,

On my spare time, I work on a code to implement a hough transform to detect
circles. This is not implemented yet in skimage.
Is Skimage interested in this implementation? (I don't want to spend much
more time to polish the code if there is no need)
If the answer is positive, it can be done in two steps:
* add a method to draw circles. The current "circle" method is for disks.
We need circles (very easy to write). This is already done, but in pure
python. I saw that drawing methods are implemented in cython. I have never
used cython before, but it must be easy (I guess). I implemented two
methods (Bresenham or midpoint circle and Andres), both are useful I think.
* write the hough algorithm for circle. Done for a Quick and dirty usage,
but it's not suitable yet for integration (not safe).

I would prefer to send one patch per step. Even if I already tackled bugs
in some projects, I never done this kind of contribution before ;)

François.