When will 0.8 official be released?

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:43:42 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 6:14 AM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>wrote:

> Hi Isaac
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Isaac Gerg <isaac.gerg at gergltd.com> wrote:
> > I need the entropy function in the 0.8 version of scikit-image.  I was
> > wondering when this version will be officially released so that C Gohlke
> may
> > provide a 64 bit package to support python 3.2.
>
> I am currently travelling, and was planning on doing a release
> beginning February when I got back.  However, there's no reason I
> should be the bottleneck, so if any of the other team members feel up
> to cutting the release earlier I'd encourage them to do so.  Tony,
> Andreas?
>
> Stéfan

I agree that version 0.8 is due. Unfortunately, I just moved half-way
across the country, and I'm getting ready to start a new job, so I don't
think I'll have much time to work on this release (at least, not in the
next couple of weeks). I'll probably have a little more free time starting
in February.

Cheers,
-Tony