canvastools subpackage for scikit-image viewer

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 22:55:15 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>wrote:

> Hi Tony
>
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Tony Yu <tsyu80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just added another tool: A canvas painter. It's a bit less responsive
> than
> > I'd like, but I think it's as fast as it'll get (it's limited by
> > matplotlib's blitting support for images). Check out the watershed demo
> in
> > the `viewer_examples/plugins` folder, which uses the paint tool to
> generate
> > markers for watershed segmentation.
>
> Finally, a path to that FFT filter painter I've had in mind!  This is
> very exciting.
>
> By the way, it took me a while to figure out to press "enter" to run
> the segmentation, so how about printing some instructions to the
> terminal?
>
> Thanks again,
> Stéfan

Sorry for the really late reply on this. Actually, the demo should have
printed instructions to the terminal in that version.

In any case, getting the user to press enter wasn't great for usability. I just
changed this demo<https://github.com/tonysyu/scikit-image/commit/230fefa748db13af928e5cf699899efd797d6349>
so
that you press a button to display the watershed segmentation.

-T