removing small connected components

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:19:02 EST 2013

Hi guys,

For my own segmentation package, I wrote a small function to remove small
connected components in an ndarray. You can see it here:

https://github.com/janelia-flyem/gala/blob/master/gala/morpho.py#L72

I've been looking at things that could be moved from there to skimage and I
thought that was a prime candidate (I think you actually do the same thing
in one of the examples, but without making it into a function). Any
interest in a PR?

There's other nd operations in there: morphological reconstruction,
h-minima, regional (aka local) minima, and impose minima. Let me know if
you would like any of these for inclusion in skimage...

Thanks,

Juan.