Graph Cuts implementation

Marc de Klerk deklerkmc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 03:40:30 EDT 2013

Hey Andy,

My apologies - I'm a few days late on replying, but here's a rundown:

   - Graph-cut implementations (Cython and GPU) (I had not planned on
   implementing alpha extension, I'll have to to my list of nice-to-haves)
   - Grow-cut implementations (Cython and GPU)
   - QuickShift implementation (GPU)
   - A feasibility study of GPU algorithms and their integration into skim
   age

My full proposal is at
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/deklerkmc/1

Mmm, I'm not aware of any patent issues!! Could you point in the direction
where I can find out!?
Skimage isn't really planning on going the GPU route right now, Stéfan told
me they did have a GSOC student a couple years ago that worked on creating
an easily-switchable GPU backend, but it didn't materialize for a number of
reasons. One of the goals of this project is to see weather we should look
into it again though...

That's great! I could do with a hand - which seg algorithms did you do?

Caio,
Marc