segmentation fault with the viewer

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:19:34 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Emmanuelle Gouillart <
emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org> wrote:

> > Are you on master? Specifically, a version later than yesterday morning?
> The
> > viewer-linking PR that was merged yesterday had a number of fixes for
> PySide. I
> > don't see any issue on PyQt at the moment.
>
> Yes, I'm on master (updated this morning, and I still get the same
> problem). Maybe I have some libraries that are too old, I'll check on a
> machine with a more recent Ubuntu when I get the occasion.
>
> Thanks for your help, anyway!
> Emmanuelle

Just to follow up with some more details:

In my current setup (Python 2.7.3, PySide 1.1.1, Qt 4.8.2), the Qt backend
for ipython doesn't block. Also, when I run ipython with the Tk backend I
can't reproduce the segfault, but it does block.

I'm not sure why we see different behavior, but I've had enough PySide
issues to guess that it's the likely cause. I am however, running a dev
version of IPython, so there maybe some changes there as well.

Best,
-Tony