seeking advice on HoG applicability

Lisa Torrey lisa.torrey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:04:52 EDT 2013

Thanks!

Good point about the soil and roots. I've been using the entire images so
far, but maybe I should pre-filter them, and keep only the "greenish"
areas, before doing any feature extraction.

I have visualized the output, and it looks like the gradients mostly go
across leaf boundaries. That may be too fine-grained, since it's probably
the moss/background boundary that is most important for this problem. Maybe
I should actually segment (or skeletonize?) the image to get rid of the
internal detail.

-Lisa