seeking advice on HoG applicability

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Jul 18 09:07:16 EDT 2013

Hi Anders

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Anders Boesen Lindbo Larsen
<anders.bll at gmail.com> wrote:
> I attach this mail correspondence as it may be relevant for others.
>
> Stefan: Do you think a bag of words implementation would fit into
> scikit-image? I have some code that I would be happy to polish and
> contribute. The main problem is that bag-of-words rely on a k-means
> clustering method which I would prefer to import from scikit-learn because
> the one from scipy is slow for a large number of samples. It is my
> impression that scikit-image tries to stay independent of scikit-learn.

I presume sklearn already has a bag-of-words implementation, so what
we really need are more examples of how to use sklearn and skimage
together.  At the moment, I keep those examples in

https://github.com/stefanv/scikit-image-demos

but I can foresee including them directly in the gallery in the future.