Sift on GPU

Jérôme Kieffer google at terre-adelie.org
Sat Jun 15 07:21:53 EDT 2013

Dear Mark,

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 02:36:39 -0700 (PDT)
Marc de Klerk <deklerkmc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cloned the repo and tried running test_all.py,
> Seems there are a couple bugs in test_image_functions.py that prevent it
> from executing properly.

This is highly possible: we still have a small differences in the
number of keypoints with C++ implementation. moreover the keypoint
localization can vary up to 1 pixel (to be multiplied by the number of octave).
This looks like a rounding error but we did not spot it.

> Is there an example somewhere that I can play with/
get the reference implementation:

git clone -branch numpy git://github.com/kif/imageAlignment.git
cd imageAlignment
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install #or modify your PYTHONPATH
cd ..

git clone git://github.com/kif/sift_pyocl.git
cd sift_pyocl/test
python test_all.py # I got (failures=2, errors=2, mainly because API changed faster than tests)
python crash.py

This should show you keypoints (red and blue arrows represents the orientation and the scale, in green are our errors)

Tell me if you are doing progress (or not).

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Kieffer <google at terre-adelie.org>