segmentation fault with the viewer

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Sat Jun 29 17:20:54 EDT 2013

	Dear all,

	I've started playing around with skimage's viewer, and I get a
segmentation fault when I try to close the viewer window, or when I click
on the window after having the focus on another window. Also, the command
viewer.show() is blocking (I'm running ipython --pylab - corresponding to
the TkAgg backend).

Running a test script from ipython in gdb yields the following message:

0x00007fffd4aa511d in
Shiboken::Conversions::isPythonToCppConvertible(SbkConverter*, _object*)
() from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libshiboken-python2.7.so.1.1

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with Nvidia's proprietary drivers.

I am the only one having this problem? Any idea where the seg fault comes
from? I reproduce below the test script.

Cheers,
Emmanuelle

*****************

from skimage import data
from skimage.viewer import ImageViewer

image = data.coins()
from skimage.filter import tv_denoise
from skimage.viewer.plugins.base import Plugin

denoise_plugin = Plugin(image_filter=tv_denoise)
from skimage.viewer.widgets import Slider
from skimage.viewer.widgets.history import SaveButtons

denoise_plugin += Slider('weight', 0.01, 0.5, update_on='release')
denoise_plugin += SaveButtons()

viewer = ImageViewer(image)
viewer += denoise_plugin
viewer.show()