GSoC 2013 Proposal : Implementation of STAR and Binary Feature Detectors and Descriptors

Ankit Agrawal aaaagrawal at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:16:39 EDT 2013

> It's also pretty easy to wrap his C code (as done here:
> https://github.com/stefanv/supreme/tree/master/supreme/lib/fast) but
> maybe implementing from scratch is best.

@Stefan and Tony : Did you get a chance to go over my proposal<https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/wiki/GSoC-2013-Ankit-Agrawal-Implementation-of-STAR-and-Binary-Feature-Detectors-and-Descriptors>,
especially the implementation timeline? I think that implementing FAST
instead of BRISK during the summer would make the timeline schedule better.
I will implement the BRISK after the Summer of Code. Your thoughts on this?

Regards,
Ankit.