Some ideas for skimage

Ankit Agrawal aaaagrawal at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:39:31 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

       I have a few ideas that could be incorporated in scikit-image and
would like your opinions on them.

1] Examples in docstring for every api function : Sympy's documentation
seems very comprehensive as all the api-functions have atleast one example
in the doc. By examples in skimage, I mean the commands operated on
standard images(lena, camera or a particular ndarray that can explain the
functionality better) which a user can try out himself in his own shell.

2] Code quality/PEP8 checks in Travis tests : This could reduce the energy
spent on discussing code quality errors while reviewing pull requests made
by new contributors and concentrate more on other aspects of the code.

3] IRC channel #skimage : For some kind of queries/discussions, IRC channel
proves more useful and provides a fluid connectivity between the community
members. All the conversations can be logged so that they can be referenced
in the mailing list or github if needed.

I would also like you to review/answer my unanswered queries in these PRs<https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/pulls/ankit-maverick>.
Thank you.

Regards,
Ankit Agrawal,