Advice on basic operations: zoom, crop and splice

Adam Hughes hughesadam87 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:25:46 EST 2013

Thanks for all of your help guys.  I was unaware of image Inpainting, so
thank you Chintak for bringing that fascinating concept to my attention.

Josh, thanks for your help.  I am capable enough to do such manipulations
in numpy and matplotlib; hell,I could even just save a zoomed/crop version
of the images of interest.  I was certainly interested in doing such
manipulations in the notebook.  I wouldn't worry about tweaking the viewer,
as it would just be easier for me to, as I said, do the manipulations in
and save them to separate images.

The discussion that followed was quite interesting, and in line with what I
expected might be the case.  It's really great to see the progress of
iPython widgets.  I'm fairly competent at traits/chaco, but don't have a
javascript background.  Stefan, any idea how much javascript competency one
might need to begin to approach this effort?