Returning an image from the viewer

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 19:25:54 EDT 2013

There was some discussion about the save functionality in the original PR.
I admit, I advocated to change "File -> Save As" from saving the overlay to
saving the actual image the user sees... so feel free to send some blame
for the present behavior my way.

There should be an option to add a Save Overlay *button* which should allow
you to grab the overlay specifically. As to your second question: I think
you can send data either to a file, or to a buffer which can be read out
using `skimage.io.pop`. I've used this before, but my memory is a bit fuzzy
on it now. If this isn't currently available for scripting like your
hoped-for functionality example, I'm sure it could be implemented.

Thanks for the PR fixing the save dialog if it's RGB!