import error on linux

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 19:55:18 EDT 2013

I ordered a Raspberry Pi-compatible board not long ago, and look forward to
when I can test and answer questions like this firsthand.

In the meantime, it looks like certain required packages for NumPy and
SciPy are not included in the default distribution, and binaries may not be
available. It is, however, reported possible to compile and install the
required dependencies for Scikit-Image. It may take some time to compile,
but it is possible.

This blog post may be an excellent place to start. I have not tried if
myself yet, but the method looks sound:
<http://wyolum.com/numpyscipymatplotlib-on-raspberry-pi/>
http://wyolum.com/numpyscipymatplotlib-on-raspberry-pi/

Run the commands from the first group on that page - including the optional
bracketed ones - in order. Then, additionally, run:
sudo easy_install cython
sudo easy_install scikit-image

I'm confident this can be done. Let us know if you run into trouble.

Josh

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Guillaume Gay