Real-time interaction forum

Rishabh Raj rishabhr123 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 01:34:55 EDT 2014

IRC's could implement a logging solution easily, so lack of history should
not be an issue and its well supported on mobile clients too.

But yes, external tool integration would be an issue. Do we mean something
like a screen share / collaborative doc editing by external tools?

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:22 AM, Johannes Sch önberger <jsch at demuc.de>
> wrote:
> > I tried to sign up, but it would only let me use an foo at scikit-image.orgemail address...
>
> Well, there we go--the first and ultimately deciding design decision
> identified :)
>
> Slack is intended for teams, so one cannot currently have anyone join
> (i.e., I'd have to invite all members).
>
> I don't think we want to move our communications to a non-public
> venue, so I guess that kills of that idea, unless someone can suggest
> an alternative service with a good Android/iPhone client.
>
> Stéfan
>
> --

Best,
Rishabh Raj
International Institute of Information Technology
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500032
Ph: +917842797467