Real-time interaction forum

Stuart Mumford stuart at mumford.me.uk
Wed Apr 23 14:58:49 EDT 2014

Hi,

Ah I see. Unfortunately because of the way IRC works you have to have some
kind of client connected because the server will not give you notifications.

The ZNC server I run is effectively a headless irc client that you can
connect other clients to. There are lots of other similar type solutions to
this other than znc.

This, as has been pointed out is the major disadvantage to IRC.

Stuart