can not load / use functions from skimage.feature

hans peter h4n5p3ter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 04:19:33 EST 2014

Hi there,
I running Windows 7 (64bit)
with WinPython 2.7* NumPy 1.8.1, SciPy 0.13.3, Matplotlib 1.3.1 guidata
1.6.1, guiqwt 2.3.2 Cython‑0.21.1*
and the skimage from
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#scikits.image ( pre compiled )
Also the python path is correct set ( Path and Pythonpath )

The basic example from the website works fine but after I tryed to import
*from skimage.feature import blob_dog, blob_log, blob_doh*I got different
error messages, so I installed and unistalled every thing but nothing works.

My current error message after try to import skimage.featrue

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name blob_dog

I also had some messages like, could not find .corner and .hough and so on

I have absolutly no clue how to solve this ..

would be nice if someone could help

thanks