Generating a painting from a picture

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Sat Dec 13 10:25:10 EST 2014

Hi Rishabh,

I don't think there is a generic enough algorithm that would do this
(each artist has her/his own specific style, and a specific algorithm
would have to be designed for every style I think).

Nevertheless, some of the functions in skimage can be used for this
purpose. For example,
http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/auto_examples/plot_ncut.html shows how
to get a posterized, comics-like image.

You can also find geometric transformations in skimage.transform, if you
want to implement some distortion effect for example.
(http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/auto_examples/applications/plot_geometric.html)

Hope you have fun with this project!
Emmanuelle