scikit-image paper

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Feb 5 09:45:59 EST 2014

Hi all,

Working on the scikit-image paper, I've had some further thoughts
about authorship (yes, this is much harder than writing the paper :).

I suggest the following (what I consider to be) fair guideline:

1) Anyone who contributes significantly to the writing of the paper
gets their name in the authors list
2) All other contributors are included in the "scikit-image contributors" author

To me, this feels like the fairest way to reward those who time into
writing the paper, while also giving credit to all of those whose work
is described therein.  I felt uncomfortable adding all "core
contributors" to the authors list, since that concept is becoming more
and more nebulous with GitHub PRs.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.