Digitization errors in small circles

Adam Hughes hughesadam87 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 12:56:27 EST 2014

Thanks.  I suspect that the algorithm you guys have is probably a good
solution for the encoding, and the fact that it gets a bit fuzzy at very
low pixel count is just the price one pays for having a very applicable
encoding algorithm.  I noticed that imageJ's encoding outputs the same area
and perimiter by the way, but they apply some sort of the correction before
outputting circularity.  If I get a chance to see what the circularity
correction is; if it's not too hard, maybe I can put in a PR for a new
descriptor called circularity to circularity_adjusted.