An Intro to scikit

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Feb 27 12:09:34 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Rishabh Raj <rishabhr123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> One basic query I have is, is there a plan in mind for scaling? OR do we
> want to allow running this on a local instance rather than on some online
> server officially supported by scikit?

This has to run on a publicly visible server, probably on EC2 or
Linode or somesuch.  Perhaps we could ask scipy to use their
continuous integration machine.

> Is email on the list the best way for communication? What is the timezone
> for most devs? Is there a preference order for selecting projects? Do we
> know how many slots would we get?

We can have discussions on the skimage-gsoc mailing list here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/skimage-gsoc

We are likely to accept no more than 2 projects this year (but likely one).