Non-local means denoising

Kevin Keraudren kevin.keraudren at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 23 04:47:44 EST 2014

Hi,

Here are some implementations of Non-Local Means Denoising you might be
interested in for reference/comparison:

Image Processing On Line Journal (Antoni Buades, Bartomeu Coll, and
Jean-Michel Morel):
http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2011/bcm_nlm/

Pierrick Coupé's website:
https://sites.google.com/site/pierrickcoupe/softwares/denoising-for-medical-imaging/mri-denoising

ITK implementation in the Baby Brain Toolkit, from François Rousseau:
https://github.com/rousseau/fbrain/blob/master/Code/Denoising/btkNLMTool.txx

The first one provides an online demo, is easy to wrap in cython, but is
only 2D whereas the two others handle 3D images.

Kind regards,

Kevin