Non-linear distance based filter

Eduardo Henrique Arnold eduardoarnoldh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:28:21 EDT 2014

Hi there.

I need to implement a filter that takes each white pixel in a binary image
and look for the distance between the top and bottom closest
background (black) pixels. If this distance is smaller than a threshold T
all the pixels between this two background pixels should be set to 0
(background pixels).

I know I could iterate through all the image columns and pixels, but I
think this would yield a poor performance. Is there any suggestion of how I
could develop this filter in a more efficient way?

Thanks.